Saturday, March 30, 2024

Greek actress describes Iran’s cinema industry as surprising

Tehran, IRNA - Greek actress Christina Sotiriou, who is appearing in the Iranian TV series ‘Salman Farsi’, has termed the Iranian cinema industry as surprising and very good.

Christina Sotiriou shared her experience of presenting in Iran and playing a role in the Iranian TV series "Salman Farsi" during an interview with IRNA on Saturday.

Referring to the experience of working with Davoud Mirbagheri, one of the Iranian most eminent directors, she said “It was a great experience. He is a great director and a great person. He helped me a lot because it was after two years that I graduated from my drama school, so I did not have much experience in the cinema industry. But he helped me a lot and I learned many things from him, like acting in front of the camera. I am grateful for working with him because we also had very good communication during filming. Sometimes I could understand what he wanted for me to perform for his expressions and it was really a good collaboration.”

00:00
-07:20
Download

She added that “from my experience in 'Salman Farsi', I was surprised by the way they are working. A lot of people, around one hundred people, work behind the cameras. I was really excited to work on projects like this. I knew about Iranian cinema and the quality of it. They have great artists. But after I collaborated on this project, I watched many Iranian films and they are artistically very good.”

The project is very well organized, so "we did not have any problems even if there were so many people" in the project, Sotiriou noted.

By describing the 'Salman Farsi' series as a world-class series, she expressed hope that the European market will buy this project, because there are many actors from other countries that will draw attention from other markets too, not only from Iran.

00:00
-07:46
Download

Referring to the worst memory in acting the project, she noted that “there were not any worst. In Cinema, there are difficulties that you have to face them as an actor. Of course from the difficulties you learn more. But as the hardest difficulty as an actor, for example, when you shoot outdoor locations you will experience difficulties with the weather. The climate changes are the hardest difficulties, but this is cinema".

Pointing to the best memories in the project, Sotiriou said “everything. The friends I have made here. The hospitality. They help me a lot. They were very kind. My experience as the actress, I think I became a better actress by working on this project. And I am grateful for that".

Greek actress describes Iran’s cinema industry as surprising

The series, which is about the life story of Salman Farsi, the Iranian companion of the Prophet of Islam (PBUH), is being made by Davoud Mirbagheri, who is best known for the series he directed about the history of Islam.

Mirbagheri started shooting “Salman the Persian” in the deserts of Kerman province in late December 2019.

The story of the series is narrated over three seasons starting with ancient Iran, followed by the Byzantine Empire, and finally early Islam.

No comments:

Post a Comment