Sunday, July 07, 2024

Leader's guidance key in peaceful election, says president-elect Pezeshkian

TEHRAN – President-elect Masoud Pezeshkian credited the Leader's guidance for the peaceful election process and the accurate counting of votes during a speech at the Imam Khomeini Shrine on Saturday evening.

Addressing the public and his campaign staff, Pezeshkian emphasized his commitment to honesty and transparency.

The event, held to renew commitment to the ideals of the founder of the Islamic Revolution, Imam Khomeini, was attended by a large crowd. 

President-elect Pezeshkian expressed his gratitude to his supporters, stating, "I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. Your presence, enthusiasm, and support have deeply moved me."

He highlighted his commitment to honesty during the election campaign, saying, "In this election, I did not make false promises. I did not say anything that I would not be able to fulfill, only to have it revealed as a lie later. For years, we have stood behind podiums, making promises and then failing to keep them. This has been the greatest flaw among us officials."

Pezeshkian also praised the Leader's role in ensuring a smooth election process. "During this peaceful election process, with votes accurately counted, I must first thank the Leader of Islamic Revolution. Without his guidance, I do not believe my name would have emerged from these ballots. It was through his leadership that we were able to reach this point," he remarked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment