Monday, June 29, 2020

Trump to run 'scorched-earth campaign' to get reelected: Analyst

America’s twin crises - the coronavirus pandemic and nationwide anti-racism protests - have hurt President Donald Trump’s reelection prospects, with spiraling poll numbers just over four months to go until Election Day.
Political observers are wondering how the president will run his reelection campaign going forward now that he has privately conceded that he probably would lose in November.
“If Trump does believe he’s going to lose and others around him feel the same, the question is what kind of a campaign will he have. In all likelihood, it will be a scorched earth policy,” Myles Hoenig, political analyst from Baltimore, told Press TV on Sunday.
“Trump has time to do his worst. Immigration may be back on the table as he tries to repair his failed policy of putting a serious hurt on DACA kids by doing it right this time. His racism will be out front and center, maybe even more than ever regarding immigrants. The pandemic is still raging and if other countries expand the ban of Americans traveling, his America First movement will go into paranoia overdrive,” Hoenig said.
Trump is navigating what his advisors describe as the “worst stretch” of his presidency, marred by widespread criticism over his handling of the coronavirus pandemic and nationwide racial unrest.
The president’s campaign rally in Oklahoma last weekend, his first in months, proved an embarrassment when he failed to fill the Tulsa arena.
Trump is trailing Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee, by huge margins in national polls.
“And what else does a president do when [their] numbers are low, whether it’s a Republican or Democratic administration? Go to war,” Hoenig said, adding that, “It might be against Trump’s better instincts, as he has avoided the push to ramp up the war machine, other than its budget.”
In his damning new memoir, The Room Where it Happened, former national security adviser John Bolton has described Present Trump as “naïve and dangerous” and “not fit for office.”
“One last thing to look at is which rats jump ship in the White House, and whose tell all books also come out. An exodus of senior advisors and even a skeleton crew remaining, the most loyal and sycophantic, would show that the entire Trump team just doesn’t have the stomach to be associated with a loser,” Hoenig noted.

“If the Electoral College says ‘You’re fired’, even Trump might understand what humiliation is,” he concluded.

1 comment:

  1. MY TESTIMONY ON HOW MY HUSBAND WAS RESTORE BACK TO ME AFTER BEING UNDER A SPELL FOR SOME MONTHS,BUT DR OKOSUN A GREAT SPELL CASTER WAS A ABLE TO RESTORE HIM BACK TO ME.


    I want to thank Dr okosun a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend cameto my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr okosun and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: (drokosun12@gmial.com),or via WhatsApp (+2348136785562)

    ReplyDelete